Language and techniques
Introduction to literary genres; Literary devices, figures of speech, symbolism and motif, irony, and foreshadowing. Voice and style, mood and tone.
Point of view
Who tells the story? 1st, 2nd, 3rd person, omniscient, objective.
Setting and Atmosphere
Time & place, cultural, sociological, and political factors.
Theme and Plot
Linear, modular, conflict, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution.
*This is a sample of the course overview and it is subject to change at any time by Creative Lisboa.
Social Media Content Creation
Writing for social media content: Instagram, Facebook, blogs, websites, and advertisement.
Building a character
From creation to learning how to describe your character in a storyline.
Back-story / conflict / perspective.
HOW IT WORKS
– Residential summer school
– 2 weeks program
– Choose a course and have a pre-college experience
– Live + study on campus
– All classes are taught in English
– You will have classes in the morning and enriching activities during the afternoon and evening
WHAT IS INCLUDED
– 2 weeks course on your chosen area of interest
– Course material
– Your individual apartment
– 3 full meals a day including drinks
– All afternoon activities
– Transportation to/from activities
– Insurance during your 2 weeks program