History of photography
Briefly show evolution of photography throughout the decades; fun/interesting facts; journalism photography; cultural, social, and political facts and aspects that shaped photography.
Fundamentals of photography
Equipment: types of cameras, lenses and filters; how to use a camera ; introduction to composition, image-making, masking.
Types of Lighting
Study the use of light in different types of art and photography (journalism, fashion, advertisement, still, studio, portrait).
Fundamental techniques of digital photography/camera and inkjet printing.
*This is a sample of the course overview and it is subject to change at any time by Creative Lisboa.
Introduction to photography editing softwares
Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, Lightroom. Removing people and objects, changing background, changing colour and inserting images in the photos
Techniques when photographing portrait, newborn, wedding, concert, fashion.
Depth of field, how to photograph in direct sunlight, learn how to find the best lighting for outdoor photography.
Business and Market
Workshop about the reality of the market, work possibilities, how to build portfolio, copyright, websites, and ways to promote yourself and your work.
HOW IT WORKS
– Residential summer school
– 2 weeks program
– Choose a course and have a pre-college experience
– Live + study on campus
– All classes are taught in English
– You will have classes in the morning, enriching activities during the afternoon and evening
WHAT IS INCLUDED
– 2 weeks course on your chosen area of interest
– Course materials and equipment
– Your individual apartment
– 3 full meals a day including drinks
– All afternoon activities
– Transportation to/from activities
– Insurance during your 2 weeks program